Guidance and Career Education plays a central role by preparing students for a complex and changing world. The Guidance program has a specific focus on learner, interpersonal, and career development with the following goals:
- teach career awareness early and throughout students' education;
- ensure that students have the skills they need to set and achieve their learning goals now and in the future;
- teach students the skills to make transitions throughout their lives, to work and/or further education and training;
- prepare students to live in an increasingly diverse society by helping them develop the ability to interact positively and work effectively in a range of settings.
Students are assigned to counsellors by their last name beginning with the letters:
A-Ch Mr. F. Delle Donne (ext. 24042)
Ci-McCar Mr. D. Keane (ext. 24043)
McCe-Z Mrs. Y. Gorski (ext. 24041)
Student Support Administrator Mrs. H. DeSando (ext. 24040)
- Grade 12 students are encouraged to be researching all of their post-secondary options. Use the links on the left or below to assist you in your research.
- Grade 11 students will be meeting with the Guidance Counsellors in the spring to learn more about researching post-secondary options. Visit the Pathways page for access to the handouts and links used in these presentations.
Former students who need an Ontario Transcript from their secondary school are to contact their former school directly.
Parents may request a transcript for their son/daughter only if he/she is under the age of 18. Due to Privacy Laws, transcripts cannot be provided to third parties for students over the age of 18. Students over the age of 18, who need someone else to pick up their transcripts for them, must provide authorization directly to the school. Photo ID is required when picking up transcripts.
Transcripts will be provided in sealed envelopes. Transcripts cannot be faxed, emailed or forwarded directly to colleges, universities or other third parties.
Please, complete this Request for Transcript form and bring it to STA along with the $15 fee.