At London District Catholic School Board, one of our greatest priorities is ensuring that students have arrived safely at school each and every day.
To enhance our existing absence-checking procedures, we are implementing a new system called SchoolMessenger. SchoolMessenger makes it easier than ever to report your child's absence in advance. Instead of calling the school, you can report an absence through an app on your mobile device, through a website, or by calling a toll-free number.
Types of Absences I Can Manage with SchoolMessenger
- Full-Day Absence (1-5 days)
- Late Arrival
- Early Departure
Leave and Return (i.e. doctor's appointment)
How to Report an Absence Using SchoolMessenger
- App: download and install the SchoolMessenger app (BLUE icon above) from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store. You will need to sign up for an account using your contact information the school already has on file. Once you are logged in, select Attendance then Report an Absence
- Website: Go to https://go.schoolmessenger.com/#/account/signup Once you are logged in, select Attendance then Report an Absence
- Phone: Call 1-833-275-6702 to report an absence using the automated phone system
DO NOT email, send a note or call the school to report an absence. These options are available 24 hours/day, 7 days a week. Future absences can be reported at any time.
Questions? Please take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions for Families
What is SchoolMessenger?
SchoolMessenger is an absence management system that improves student safety and makes it easy for you to let the school know about your child’s:
1. Absence (1-5 days) 2. Late Arrival 3. Early Departure 4. Leave and Return (i.e. doctor’s appointment).
How does SchoolMessenger work?
Interactive Toll-free Phone 1. Call the toll-free, interactive telephone system at 1-833275-6702 2. Follow the instructions to report an absence.